The Global Business Leadership Seminar Series (GBLSS) is offered only during spring semesters. These seminars afford students the opportunity to earn a Professional Development Certificate from the School of Business while learning from international business leaders. It is a great resume builder and will enhance the understanding of the global economy.
This certificate is available to all graduate and undergraduate UConn students. Students may earn a certificate every spring semester. There is no pre-registration required to attend the lectures.
It is achieved by:
- Attending at least 3 out of 4+ GBLSS lectures offered during the same spring semester.
- Filling out and submitting the registration form at the beginning of each lecture. You must submit the registration form yourself. You may not submit registration forms for friends or others.
The Professional Certificate requires your attendance at the entire event. Attendants who arrive more than 10 minutes late or leave early will not be eligible to count the session towards the Professional Development Certificate. View last year’s speakers.
Global Business Leadership Seminar Series 2017 Schedule
Konover Auditorium, Dodd Center
- Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- School of Business Undergraduate Office of Advising
- International Business Society
- School of Business Undergraduate Career Development Office
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 | 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Speaker: Heidi Bailey: Marketing Consultant, former Brand Manager – Lego
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 | 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Speaker: Se-Min Sohn: VP of Business Develipment – GenNx360 Capital Partners
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 | 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Speaker: Robert D. Batting: former CEO and President – Kenney Manufacturing Co., former VP and GM – Brown & Sharpe Manufacturing Co., former President – Clearing Niagara Inc.
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 | 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Speaker: Steve McDonald: VP, Head of Market Development, Risk, Americas – Thomson Reuters
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 | 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Speaker: Dan Gottfried: Partner – Hinckley Allen